Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hardly the Scraps of the Blogging Community

No surprise that a site like Scrapblog.com has become a success in the female community. Launched in April last year it now boasts to be hosting more than one million scrapbooks. It was only a matter of time for women to return to being the memory keepers and social communicators. Finally tools and websites are out there to support us in these endeavours, if it's your thing, which I must confess is mine.
The article on streetinsider.com offers up some interesting facts in their article:
  • 4/5 scrapbookers online are female
  • 81% of online scrapbookers use sites such as flickr, facebook, photobucket, picasa

I had a go at creating a scrapblog page and it was pretty fun and painless - and Thank you Scrapblog, a website that allows me to explore and play first before making me register for the site, makes a big difference to my enjoyment on a site.

No comments: